Book Review Policy!

(BOOK REVIEW POLICY!) I will review any format of books including e-books (even though I don't read them often.). I do not review adult novels & non-fiction. I do review YA novels in the genres such as Fantasy, Horror, Romance, etc.. I review self-published books as well. I also review *original* online stories (no fan-fiction please!), Thank You- Richard! (Contact me @ devvourblog@yahoo.com to send me your books! & Links to your work!)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

BOOK REVVIEW: "Vampire Academy" By Richelle Mead!

I honestly do not understand how this became a new york times bestseller! After hearing all the good reviews about it I decided to give it a try & after 58 pages It fell FLAT for me. The storyline was okay & the characters were well developed but the story telling was dragging & annoying. It's like you wanted it to hurry & get to the point & it didn't for me because I stopped reading it & took it back to the library. I didn't even speed read it like I have done with other bad novels & that's something. I had high hopes for this book & thought that I was going to love it but sadly I did not. Richelle Mead is a good writer but this book simply didn't do it for me. Also I really didn't like the main character "Rose" there was just something missing for me. I give this book 1 V (V) ***A book better than this: "The Devouring" by Simon Holt!



SYNOPSIS: Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires--the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir; she is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment