Book Review Policy!

(BOOK REVIEW POLICY!) I will review any format of books including e-books (even though I don't read them often.). I do not review adult novels & non-fiction. I do review YA novels in the genres such as Fantasy, Horror, Romance, etc.. I review self-published books as well. I also review *original* online stories (no fan-fiction please!), Thank You- Richard! (Contact me @ devvourblog@yahoo.com to send me your books! & Links to your work!)

Sunday, December 5, 2010

DEVVOUR BOOK REVIEW: "Sisters Red" by Jackson Pearce!

I was very excited to pick this book up at the library and I couldn't wait to get home and read it like crazy and that's exactly what I did! I loved the whole fairytale retelling concept and really liked the style of writing that Jackson did with this book. The chapters being from the sisters point of views was neat because you knew what both of them thought of a situation and what they thought of each other. Silas was a very interesting character as well and the fenris were awesome! the fight scenes were executed well and I think boys would enjoy this book even though it is told by two very different girls :) the action will keep you on edge and the retelling is simply awesome! I don't understand why this book is NOT on the NYT Bestseller List like it should be compared to other un-awesome books are on the list as of now! I can't wait to read "Sweetly" by Jackson Pearce in the future but will not be picking up "As you wish" because that book is not my style of reading.I give this book 4 V's (VVVV)

SYNOPSIS:  For Scarlett and Rosie March, the world is not what it seems. Werewolves, called Fenris, live among them in the form of good-looking men who prey on pretty young girls. When a Fenris attacked the March girls, it killed their grandmother and left them emotionally and, for Scarlett, physically scarred. Since then, they have taken action and revenge. With the help of a friend, Silas, the girls are on a mission—to destroy as many Fenris as they can. This goal becomes more complicated when they try to unravel the mystery behind the pack and prevent the next "Potential" from transforming fully into a soulless, evil monster. Pearce is on the mark with this modern-day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. Told by the sisters in alternating chapters, this well-written, high-action adventure grabs readers and never lets go.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Sisters Red because it was full of action, adventure, romance, and mystery. The book had me on my toes constantly. I would recommend this book to almost everyone, since it has many aspects to it. I hope that all you other readers enjoy it as much as I did.

    Zia
    Personal Injury Lawyer San Antonio

    ReplyDelete