Book Review Policy!

(BOOK REVIEW POLICY!) I will review any format of books including e-books (even though I don't read them often.). I do not review adult novels & non-fiction. I do review YA novels in the genres such as Fantasy, Horror, Romance, etc.. I review self-published books as well. I also review *original* online stories (no fan-fiction please!), Thank You- Richard! (Contact me @ devvourblog@yahoo.com to send me your books! & Links to your work!)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

DEVVOUR BOOK REVIEW: "The Iron King" by Julie Kagawa!

Ok so I had heard all the hype surrounding this book & decided to check it out (from my library!) I liked it until I got to page 92 then It got a little dumb and unrealistic for me and I put the book down & didn't pick it up again. I personally though the storyline had been done before *the spiderwick chronicles*(which is one of my favorite series!) and it just didn't appeal to me any longer. The teenage formula used is overdone and quite insulting because not all teens act the way a couple of the mean kids act and its used every single time over and over in teen literature like it's all we know, and that sucks. I would have loved to enjoy this book but I just couldn't. sorry. I give this book 2 V's (VV) ** A book better than this: "The Spiderwick Chronicles" by Tony Deterlizzi & Holly Black!




SYNOPSIS:  Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment