Book Review Policy!

(BOOK REVIEW POLICY!) I will review any format of books including e-books (even though I don't read them often.). I do not review adult novels & non-fiction. I do review YA novels in the genres such as Fantasy, Horror, Romance, etc.. I review self-published books as well. I also review *original* online stories (no fan-fiction please!), Thank You- Richard! (Contact me @ devvourblog@yahoo.com to send me your books! & Links to your work!)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

BOOK REVVIEW: "Uninvited" By Amanda Marrone!

So one day at the Library I picked up the novel "Uninvited" By Amanda Marrone & thought HEY! this seems interesting since I LOVE vampires & all. But after the first few chapters I got super bored & skimmed through most of it just to save myself from chucking the book across the room (Though I hate damaging books!). The characters were decent but the plot had huge holes and the story was too quick and the subject of teen drinking was overdone and super un-needed and could have survived from my eyes with a stronger storyline. Since this was Amanda's debut I will not hold anything against her because my debut happens to come out soon but it could have been way better. I give this book 1 V (V) **A Book better than this: "The Dead Girlfriend" By R.L. Stine!


Synopsis: Jordan's life sucks. Her boyfriend, Michael, dumped her, slept his way through half the student body, and then killed himself. But now, somehow, he appears at her window every night, begging her to let him in. Jordan can't understand why he wants her, but she feels her resistance wearing down. After all, her life -- once a broken record of boring parties, meaningless hookups, and friends she couldn't relate to -- now consists of her drinking alone in her room as she waits for the sun to go down. Michael needs to be invited in before he can enter. All Jordan has to do is say the words... ("Uninvited" - Amanda Marrone)    

No comments:

Post a Comment